* WHAT… West winds 25-40 mph with gusts up to 65 mph
expected. Stronger gusts of wind are possible on high ground and
other exposed areas. Periods of snow and blowing snow could
significantly reduced visibilities.
* WHERE… The high wind warning includes much of the
land in Lake, Modoc and East Klamath counties, as well as
like Paisley, Summer Lake, Valley Falls and parts of
highways 31, 140 and 395. All other areas are in the wind
Reviews including Lakeview, Silver Lake, Alturas, Adel and
* WHEN… 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT Monday.
* IMPACTS… Damaging winds could bring down trees and electricity
lines. Power outages are possible. Travel will be difficult
especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snowfall is forecast, but amounts are expected
be light, usually around 2 inches or less for area roads.
However, with strong winds, blowing snow can cause very
poor visibility sometimes.
* See the danger zone in detail on
People should avoid being outdoors in and around wooded areas
trees and branches. If possible, stay in the lower levels of
your home during the storm and avoid windows. Be careful if
you have to drive.