Chardham Yatra: Uttarakhand government orders registration of worshipers

The government has urged worshipers to start their journey only after checking the available registration slots on the Uttarakhand Department of Tourism portal.

The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday issued a notice to Chardham yatra pilgrims to register mandatory before starting their journey.

The government has urged worshipers to start their journey only after checking the available registration slots on the Uttarakhand Department of Tourism portal.

According to the notice, no pilgrim will be allowed to go beyond Rishikesh without registration.

The tourism department has also set a certain limit for the registration of pilgrims in the state.

“The registration limit has been set according to the carrying capacity of different Dhams, in order to make the journey of pilgrims coming to Chardham pleasant and safe, pilgrims should travel only after checking the availability of the registration,” the Department of Tourism said.

In addition to this, the government has also asked passengers to follow the health advisory during the Chardham Yatra.

Earlier on May 11, the state’s chief minister, Pushkar Singh Dhami, also announced compulsory registration of Char Dham Yatra.

On Dhami’s instructions, the state health department also commissioned the medical screening center at the Char Dham Yatra entry and registration site on Friday, May 13.

Char Dham Yatra began on May 3 after a nearly two-year hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic. Unlike last year, the government did not require carrying a negative Covid-19 test report or a COVID-19 vaccination certificate.

The yatra started with the opening of the Gangotri and Yamunotri gates for devotees on May 3, on the occasion of Akshay Tritiya in the presence of CM Dhami, while Kedarnath reopened on May 6 and the gates of Badrinath opened May 8.

Close story

Less time to read?

Try Quickreads


  • According to experts, gases that emanate from sewer lines include hydrogen sulphide, ammonia, methane, carbon monoxide and sulfur dioxide.  These gases are extremely harmful to health and can also lead to death.  (Sunil Ghosh/HT Photo)

    Two sanitation workers die cleaning a manhole in Noida

    Two men are believed to have died of asphyxiation while clearing a manhole without any safety equipment in Noida’s Phase 2 area, police said on Tuesday. Police said the deceased was identified as Sonu Singh (30), a resident of Bulandshahr and Shyam Babu (46), from Etah in Uttar Pradesh. Police said the incident happened in a sewer line outside a textile business located in the C-17 hosiery complex.

  • The truck reportedly hit the six cyclists and all of them were injured.  While five of them were slightly injured, one was seriously injured.  (Sunil Ghosh/HT Photo)

    Six cyclists injured after being hit by truck on Noida e-way

    A group of six cyclists were injured after being hit by a truck on the Noida-Greater Noida highway on Tuesday morning, police said. The injured were identified as Virendra Shukla, a resident of Logix Blossom County in Sector 137, Kumar Gaurav and Naveen Kumar, residents of Exotica Fresco in Sector 137, Sangeeta, a resident of Paramount Floraville in Sector 137 , and Anshuman Gupta and Shivani Gupta. , residents of sector 14.

  • HT PhotoThe kiosks were inaugurated on Tuesday.

    Two new Sheroes Hangout kiosks opened in Noida

    Sheroes Hangout Cafe has set up two kiosks at Noida International Stadium at Sec 21 in conjunction with the Noida Authority which aims to provide employment to acid attack survivors. These kiosks were inaugurated on Tuesday. During the inauguration ceremony, performed by Noida Authority CEO Ritu Maheshwari, Noida MP Mahesh Sharma, MP Pankaj Singh, Beneficiaries of Alok Dixit Sheroes and Chhanv Foundation team were present.

  • Long power cuts have led to a water crisis in Lko areas (sheet)

    Long power cuts led to water crisis in Lko areas: Jal Sansthan

    Prolonged power outages have led to a water crisis in various neighborhoods of the state capital. On Monday and Tuesday, areas like Thakurganj, Fazullahganj, Rajni Khand, parts of Alambagh, Indira Nagar sector C were supplied with water by water tankers. Jal Sansthan admitted that the power cuts were creating problems with the water supply. “There are difficulties in providing water due to erratic power supply in more than half of the city,” Sansthan said.

  • The CBRI submitted its submissions to the Supreme Court regarding preparations for the demolition before the higher court heard Edifice Engineering's request to extend the deadline, following which it ordered that the demolition take place on 28 august.  (Sunil Ghosh/HT Photo)

    Preparation for demolition of Noida Twin Tower 49% complete and irreversible: CBRI to SC

    The Central Building Research Institute told the Supreme Court on Tuesday that demolition contractor Edifice Engineering’s request to extend the deadline to raze the 32-storey twin towers – Apex and Ceyane – in Noida, which were originally due to be demolished on 22 May, was “reasonable”. The CBRI team visited the site on May 5 and 6 following a request from Edifice Engineering.

About admin

Check Also

Flood advisory issued in Montezuma and Dolores counties as rain hits southwestern Colorado – The Journal

Durango recorded monthly highs for rain in June with 1.25 inches. (Durango Herald file photo) …