Amp Energy will manufacture solar cells and modules – pv magazine International

The developer of a planned 1.3GW renewable energy center in South Australia has agreed to partner with Indian solar PV cell and module manufacturer Websol Energy to produce up to 1.2GW of cells and modules to help it better control the supply chain of critical products. Components.

The Indian arm of Canada-headquartered clean energy investment firm Amp Energy has partnered with the manufacturer Websol energy system to produce up to 1.2 GW of monocrystalline PERC solar cells and mods.

The two companies will form a joint venture for photovoltaic production. The cells and modules will be produced in two phases of 600 MW each at Websol’s existing unit in Falta in West Bengal, said Amp Energy Indiasince it announced the signing of a term sheet for the creation of the joint venture.

Amp Energy, which has a 2GW portfolio of renewable energy projects built or under contract in Australia, said its entry into PV manufacturing was a “natural progression” and will help it better control the supply chain. supply.

“We believe that our entry into manufacturing would not only help with backward integration, but also help us better control the supply chain of critical components,” said Amp Energy India Managing Director Pinaki Bhattacharyya.

Websol will own a 51% stake in the manufacturing company, while Amp Energy will own the remaining 49%.

The project will be financed by a combination of debt and equity. It will supply up to 50% of its production to Amp Energy India under an off-take agreement. The rest of the electricity will be sold on the market, in order to bridge the gap between demand and supply of cells and modules in India.

Amp Energy is pursuing plans to develop the 1.3GW Renewable Energy Center of South Australia (REHSA). The $2 billion project center would include large-scale solar, wind and battery energy storage assets in South Australia, including three solar projects in Robertstown (636MW), Bungama (336MW) and Yoorndoo Ilga (388 MW), supported by a total energy storage capacity of 540 MW.

In addition to its Australian operations, Amp Energy has operations in North America, Japan, Spain, the United Kingdom and India, where it has a renewable energy portfolio of over 2 GW in 15 states. indians.

Author: Uma Gupta

This content is copyrighted and may not be reused. If you wish to cooperate with us and wish to reuse some of our content, please contact: [email protected]

About admin

Check Also

From turning doorknobs to duck queues – that’s the Ig Nobel Prize!

Asian Scientist Magazine (September 21, 2022) —Science is not just about breakthrough discoveries. It’s also …